Libya to Inject Cash into UTL

Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL) has been given two months, and a cash injection of $56 million from the Libyan state, to sort out its problems.

In an interview with The Monitor in Kampala, Libyan Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Minister Mr Mohammed Dayri said he had agreed with the Ugandan government to re-examine the telecom company by the end of August.

The Uganda Telecommunications Commission recently announced that UTL was on the verge of collapse.

Libya's state-owned LAP GreenN owns 69 percent of the company, with the Government of Uganda holding the remaining 31 percent.

(Sources: All Africa, PC Tech Mag)

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply