New Gas Discovery near Libyan Border

Spanish company Repsol has made its third gas discovery in the Illizi basin, in the southeast of Algeria, in an area bordering Libya.

The discovery in Tan Emellel Sud-Ouest-2 (TESO-2) exploration well in the Sud-Est Illizi block is the continuation of an already very successful exploration campaign in the high-potential area.

Repsol is the operator of the consortium with a 52.5% stake in partnership with Enel (27.5%) and GDF-SUEZ (20%).

Sonatrach will hold a 51% stake in the development and production phases, with the existing members maintaining their existing proportions in the remaining 49%.

The gas discovery was made at a depth of 1,307 metres (4,288 feet) and well testing delivered a gas flow rate of 175,000 cubic metres per day (m³/day) and 90 barrels per day (bbl/d) of condensate with a 32/64” choke.

Repsol aims to drill at least four more additional wells in order to appraise the previous discoveries within the Sud-Est Illizi block.

(Source: Repsol)

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply