A cabinet reshuffle proposed by Prime Minister Ali Zeidan (pictured) has been rejected on Sunday by Libya's General National Congress (GNC).
MP Mahmoud al-Gheriani told Anadolu Agency that parliament turned down the request, "given an earlier agreement to withdraw confidence from the government in mid-February".
Libya Herald reported that the proposed new ministers were:
- Mahmoud Ajaj, current head of HIB, to replace Ali Hussein Al-Sharif at Housing and Utilities;
- Mraja Gaith, current Deputy Minister of Finance, at Finance (replacing Alkilani Abdel-Kareem);
- Mohamed Muftah Nuh, currently head of the PIB Western Region, at Economy (replacing Mustafa Abofanas);
- Fathi Mohamed Abdul-Latif at Oil and Gas (replacing Abdulbari Al-Arusi);
- Saleh Mazen Abdurrahman Barasi, current head of Tripoli CID, at Interior, currently being run by the Deputy Prime Minister Sadiq Abdulkarim;
- Ibrahim Sharkas as Youth and Sports Minister to replace Abdulsalam Guaila;
- Mohamed Bashir Abduldaim as Local Government Minister, replacing Abubakr Al-Hadi Mohammed; and,
- Minister Habib Al-Amin is taking on the Information Ministry.
(Sources: Worldbulletin, Libya Herald)