The Mellitah Oil & Gas Company intends to issue the below tender and wishes to invite for pre-qualification interested, experienced and reputable companies specialized in providing similar services stated below to submit all requirements for inclusion in the bidders list to be invited to participate in the following tender:
Tender Number 737
Intent to pre-qualify Contractors for Upgrade of Pipeline Telecom Transmission System.
Scope of Work
Provision of Service covering to upgrade by replacing the existing SDH STM 1 Fibre Optic Cable (FOC) transmission backbone interconnecting WAFA Plant, Mellitah Complex, Sabratha Platform and line valve stations (LVSs) along WAFA - Mellitah Pipeline route, by a multi-service routing IP/MPLS infrastructure.
The system is providing the bearer service for telephony system LAN/WAN, CCTV/IDS, SCADA, DCS and mobile trunked radio system implemented over two rings:
One SDH STM-1 ring connecting Mellitah, Wafa and the 18 LVSs (Line Valve
Stations and Pig Traps) over FOC laid along the 625 km WAFA - Mellitah Pipeline route
One SDH STM-1 ring between Mellitah Complex and Sabratha Platform offshore facility over a directly buried FOC of 110 km.
Wafa Plant and Mellitah Complex are onshore facilities. Wafa Plant is located 500 km (approx.) south of Tripoli. Mellitah Complex is located on the Mediterranean coast approx. 85 km West of Tripoli.
The business need/ purpose of the project work is to provide the following:--
• Increase bandwidth availability of STM-1 capacity to IP GigE.
• Existing equipment is in phasing –out stage.
• Provision of IP based new services and applications.
• Provision of secure, scalable, efficient, reliable bandwidth and QOS utilization.
• Supporting the existing TDM-based applications and providing migration path to Packet-based services (such as Ethernet, IP and MPLS networks).
• The equipments and installation practice shall support reliable operation in harsh desert operating environmental condition at LVSs underground equipment room.
The project scope of work encompasses the following:
- Design, detailed engineering, procurement, installation, integration testing, commissioning, training and supply of operational spare parts on lump sum basis.
- Shall allow legacy service migration of TDM based services (such as POTS , Serial Interfaces , E&M)
-Traffic engineering of all services carried over the network and reconfiguration of Wafa- Mellitah ring architecture.
-Migrating from existing SDH network to MPLS/IP network, with no major affect to the running network operation & work practice.
The Contractor shall adhere to standards, specifications and technical requirements including the scope of work. The Contractor shall also adhere to all of the Mellitah Oil & Gas Company Standards, government regulations and industry practices where applicable.
Interested companies for the above tender must satisfy the stipulated requirements and submit the required information below. Failure to submit any of the under listed documents will render automatic disqualification:
1. Letter on Company's letterhead Addressed to the "Contract Department Manager" stating expression of interest on the respective tender.
2. Valid copy of Company Registration in Libya, if already registered, or details of Branch Office, Representative or Agent in Libya and Tax department declaration.
3. Company Profile with full details of similar contracts performed with relevant and verifiable Reference List of Clients , scope of works , date of awards, date of completions and total value of the works undertaken. Literature/catalogue of the entire range of completed work /service/equipment and any additional information that will enhance the potential of the applicant /consortium.
4. bidder shall submit their systems resources which includes Human , Engineering , procurement & construction resources.
5. The Bidder shall be in the business of supply, installation, configuration, maintenance & support of similar services for at least five  years as of the date of this tender.
6. Submission of Financial Status document of the Company turnover for the last 3 years and the Organization Chart.
7. The bidder shall submit a list of his HSEQ Management System .And submit a copy of HSEQ Policy.
8. IT is preferred that bidder have valid ISO 9001, 14001 certificates, and OHSAS 18001 Certificate. If available it has to be submitted.
9. Two copies of the Prequalification Documents containing the above stated requirements shall be submitted in envelopes and marked:
Tender Number 737
Upgrade of Pipeline Telecom Transmission System.
Addressed to the " Contracts Department Manager" to the following address:
Mellitah Oil & Gas Company
Dahra Kebira Street, P.O. Box 346,
Or to the following E-mail address:
The prequalification documents shall be submitted at 12am on 22/9/2013
Company has the right to exclude any file dose not meet the above stipulated requirements.
1. Letter on Company's letterhead addressed to the "Contracts Department Manager" expressing interest on the respective tender.
2. Support letters contain a list of similar projects / services performed by your company.
3. The pre qualification request is not an invitation to tender. Company is neither committed nor obligated to undertake the work described above or to issue any call for tender or to include any respondent to this invitation or other company on any Bidders List or to award any form of contract.
4. The Invitation to Tender (ITT) and full ITT Package will only be issued to qualified companies that have been pre-qualified.
5. Company will not be responsible for whatsoever costs incurred for preparation and submission presented in response to this notice.
6. Company shall deal only with authorized officers of the bidding companies and not through individuals or agents.
7. Company shall not consider any pre-qualification request all the Conditions been provided as resolution (207 ) ,2012from the economic minister .